Crockpot Cheeseburger Sandwiches
submitted by Karen
Put in on in the morning for a yummy lunch! Great over baked potatoes too!
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. garlic-pepper blend (see note)
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. pasteurized process cheese spread
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and garlic-pepper blend until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, combine cooked ground beef and all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well.
- Cover, cook on Low for 6-7 hours. To serve, spoon mixture into sandwich buns.
Note: Garlic-pepper blend is a mixture of garlic powder and cracked black pepper. Check the spice shelves in your local grocery.
If you wish to make your own, mix equal portions of garlic powder and cracked black pepper.